The IBS Institut für Brandschutztechnik und Sicherheitsforschung is an accredited testing, inspection and certification body for fire protection in Austria and it operates in Central Europe as a notified body:
- Fire tests for materials testing
- Product examination and trials
- Approval tests for technical fire protection systems
- Assessments and reconstruction attempts for investigating fires
Accreditation on the basis of the following series of European standards verifies our expertise in those areas:
EN ISO/IEC 17020
EN ISO/IEC 17025
EN ISO/IEC 17065
Inspection Body of construction products
Testing Lab of construction materials and components
Inspection Body of technical fire protection systems
Accreditation and notification
Accreditation by the national accreditation body is formal confirmation that we comply with the requirements on qualifications and equipment that apply to us as a testing, inspection and certification body in our field.
Notification is a completely separate field. It is granted on the basis of European regulations and gives us the go-ahead to carry out tests at international level. Notification as a verification of expertise under European laws facilitates mutual legal recognition and cooperation based on trust between all notified bodies.
Partnerships and memberships
IBS Institut für Brandschutztechnik und Sicherheitsforschung is a member of numerous organisations and a part of the Certification Process Network (CP Network) – a cooperation between independent testing, inspection and certification bodies with more than ten locations in Central Europe.
- We accompany you on your route to the CE marking, together with our cooperation partners AKF ZERT GmbH and gdb LAB GmbH / gbd ZERT GmbH.
- We carry out standardised tests and inspections for obtaining certificates for various services and products.
- We offer you a wide range of customised services, including non-accredited services, such as training courses or structural analyses.